What to do if you have a recalled food product.
If identifying marks on the food product you have match detailed information in the recall notice, then:
- Do not eat the product.
- Do not provide the product to others. (e.g. do not give to a food bank)
- Do not feed pets with the product as they may become sick just like you.
- Do not puncture or otherwise open cans.
If you find that the product details in the recall notice match the details on the food product you have at home, then do not open or consume that food product.
Do one of two things:
- Return the product to the place of purchase for a refund.
- Dispose of the product following the instructions provided in the recall notice to assure it will not be consumed by anyone.
If you handle the recalled food product, remember to wash your hands thoroughly with warm water and soap for 20 seconds after handling the product.
Learn more about:
Sign up to receive recall notices at www.recalls.gov, your source for up-to-date recall information.